The purpose of this website was to provide the doers in organisations of all sizes with the theory, tools and support to improve what they do and get better results. Our focus has been on providing practical and easy to implement advice and tools for DIY business improvement.
We have done this through providing some background, supporting theory and other information for the following themes of business improvement:
- Thinking through your processes
- Scoping your system needs and options
- Managing change
- Making your Improvement Roadmap
- Refining and implementing your strategy
Take a look at our Theme pages, which give you an overview of the broad types of initiatives that may be involved in improving your business at any scale, from improving isolated processes through to a broadscale whole-of-organisation effort to get full implementation of an organisation’s strategy.
Most of our tools and resources are based on or refer to the Superior Business Analysis Framework. This is a model we’ve developed and refined over recent years and we encourage ANYONE to use it. We have developed this Framework to give people a simple idea of what needs to be thought through for an organisation to function effectively, efficiently and sustainably. Here’s a quick guide to it – you can download it as a PDF too.
Specific aspects of business improvement that we touch on within these themes and our blog posts include:
- Strategic Planning
- Documentation of Policies, Procedures and Core Business Know-How
- Logic Analysis and Problem Solving
- Reporting Frameworks
- Continuous Improvement Mechanisms
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Communications and Copywriting
- Transition Planning
- Business Support
Traditional Business Analysis
- Process Mapping and Improvement (As Is and To Be)
- Business Requirements Analysis and Design
- Project Support (Business Cases, Project Planning etc)